Performance Monitoring Policy
The performance monitoring cell shall be headed by a coordinator, being nominated by the Principal, MSB. He/she shall be assisted by faculty representatives from individual departments and the coordinator of the Cell has to report to the Principal, MSB.
1.1 Objective of the Cell:
- Increase the attendance of individual student by constant monitoring.
- Implementing appropriate measures at early level to reduce the no. of student with low attendance in the final annual/semester examination.
- Measuring performance of the students in the annual/semester examination and taking appropriate steps to rectify the poor result.
- Proper and timely communication with the parents for a better college-parent interactions.
The cell shall be part of Principal office. The main objective of the cell should be to maintain professional ethics, commitment and confidentiality. Some of the detailed functions are:
- To create and update academic related institution database(s).
- To optimize the resources of office.
- To prepare MSB student attendance, present the analysis and act to the detention decisions.
- To collect the teaching performance in coordination to the HODs, present the analysis and preserve the recurring records.
- Regular and need based communication to parents over letter/phone about the students academics/ Test performances / Attendance / Dues / Fines etc.
- Immediate University result analysis in coordination with the Prof. I/C (Exam), update the statistics in respective faculty performance reports (appraisal), placing of the report before the Principal, MSB for necessary orders.
- Monitoring of Performance Appraisal System of MSB.
1.3 Monthly/Quarterly/Annual MIS:
- Monthly Attendance collection of Individual students in each subject of individual courses, year wise with reference to their change in attendance (increase/decrease) of last preceding month.
- Monthly Course completion status of the each subject, course wise with reference to the year/semester.
- Analysis of performance of the individual student in individual subjects, of individual courses year wise in the internal examination as per the internal examination policy.
- Analysis of university performance of the individual student in individual subjects, of individual courses year wise in their annual/semester examination.
- Faculty wise student performance in the university annual/semester result in their respective subject handled in the semester/ year with a comparison to the last year result.
1.4 Student Attendance Policy
A candidate shall be required to attend at least 75% of the lectures in theory and practical classes taken separately. Condonation in exceptional cases may be granted by the Principal to the extent of 15% on production of medical certificate.
The Examination Committee may grant further condonation of shortage in attendance to the extent of 10% in respect of candidates who represent the University or State for Inter-University or inter- state competitions in Games and Sports or attending different recognized National camps. Under no circumstance, the condonation shall be beyond 25%.
Mrs Tapaswini Nayak
Dr. Ramya Ranjan Mishra