M.Sc. Applied Microbiology
Course Code MSc. AMB
Duration 4 Semester (2 years)
Min Qualification BSc
COURSE RELATED DOCUMENTS
Applied Microbiology is the study of microorganisms and their applications. The Master Degree in Applied Microbiology is a 24-month full-time course designed to provide graduates with the appropriate theoretical and practical skills in different fields of microbiology. In-depth, studies include Food & Dairy microbiology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Environmental Microbiology, Microbial Biotechnology, Agricultural Microbiology, Microbial physiology and Fermentation technology.
This course is also designed to meet growing demand for personnel with expertise in Applied Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology.
Objectives of the Program
- To encourage a clear, comprehensive and advanced mastery in the field of Applied Microbiology.
- To provide basic principles of biological sciences with special reference to Microbiology and its Applicable branches.
- Enabling the students to explore the intricacies of life forms at cellular, molecular and nano level.
- To sustain students’ motivation and enthusiasm and to help them not only to appreciate the beauty of microbial life forms but also to inspire them to explore the amazing property of microbial life in favour of human life.
- To develop problem solving skills in students and encourage them to carry out innovative research projects thereby enkindling in them the spirit of knowledge creation.
A wide range of career options exist for graduates of this program, they include:
- Research and Academics
- Fermentation industry
- Food and dairy industry
- Pharmaceuticals industry
- Bio-pharmaceutical companies
- Quality control
- Environmental assessment
- Microbial waste management
- Medical and pathology laboratories
- Water treatment plants
Course Duration: 4 Semester (2 years)